Do any of you remember the antique serpentine dresser we painted back in August? It was done in a beautiful light bluish-green color and distressed to bring out the details. The original gold handles were saved and reused. Fabric was added to the drawers and matched to the handles! Here it is as a reminder.
While sharing this makeover, we had a client contact us and wanted the exact same dresser, but in white. Well we didn’t wish to paint over our beautiful dresser that was already done, so we began the process of finding an exact duplicate dresser – mirror and all!
Once found (which wasn’t easy by-the-way) we had to make some extensive repairs to this particular piece. It was old, you have to expect it to need repairs. It needed some sanding, some filling, and some gluing of course. But it also needed an entire drawer bottom replaced, and the metal drawer stoppers removed. Whew, Vicki worked tirelessly on those repairs!
Sorry, friends, for the lack of ‘before’ pictures, we were very busy working on this during and after the holiday season and we just focused on getting it finished!
But just look how lovely the piece turned out! We ended up making inserts for the drawers with fabric and again used the original hardware; which just added to the antique vibe of the piece.
It had a full mirror to it, just like the one at top, but unfortunately when we remembered to take some pictures, the mirror was all ready for the client to come and we didn’t want to unwrap and attach it. But we couldn’t pass up sharing this pretty makeover anyway!
This one was also give the same distressed technique to really accentuate the details and give it some character.